This is our very first video on the QuranClub YouTube channel.
InshaAllah you will all enjoy.
In the name of God, the Mercy-giving, the Merciful!
1. God will let the actions of those who disbelieve and obstruct His way miss their mark, while He will cancel out the evil deeds and improve the attitude of those who believe, who perform honorable deeds and who believe in what has been sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord. That is because the ones who disbelieve follow falsehood while those who believe follow the Truth from their Lord. Thus God makes up their comparisons for mankind.
4. Whenever you encounter the ones who disbelieve [during war], seize them by their necks until once you have subdued them, then tie them up as prisoners, either in order to release them later on or also to ask for ransom, until war lays down her burdens. Thus shall you do - ; yet if God so wished, He might defend Himself from them - in order that some of you may be tested by means of one another. The ones who have been killed in God's way will never find their actions have been in vain; He will guide them and improve their attitude and admit them to the Garden He has acquainted them with.
7. You who believe, if you support God, He will support you and steady your footsteps, while the ones who disbelieve will feel wretched and their actions will miss the mark. "That is because they have hated anything God has sent down and so their actions have miscarried. Have they not travelled around the earth and seen what the outcome was for those who came before them? God annihilated them, while disbelievers will have the same as they did. That is because God is the Protector of those who believe, while disbelievers have no protector.
12. God will admit the ones who believe and perform honorable deeds into gardens through which rivers flow, while those who disbelieve will enjoy themselves and eat just as livestock eat, and the Fire will be a lodging for them. How many towns have We wiped out which were much stronger than your own town which has expelled you? They had no supporter. Is someone who holds on to evidence from his Lord like someone else whose evil action seems attractive, while they follow their own whims?
15. [Here] is what the parable of the Garden which the heedful have been promised will be like: it will have rivers of never stagnant water and rivers of milk whose flavor never changes, and rivers of wine so delicious for those who drink it, and rivers of clarified honey. They will have every [sort of] fruit in it, as well as forgiveness from their Lord. Are they like someone who will remain for ever in the Fire and they will be given scalding water to drink so it rips into their bowels?
16. Some of them listen to you until once they have left your presence, they tell those who have been given knowledge: "What did he say just now?" Those are the ones whose hearts God has sealed off, they follow their own whims. Yet He increases guidance for those who consent to be guided and grants them their sense of duty.
18. Are they just waiting for the Hour to come upon them suddenly? Its tokens have already come. Yet how will they [recognize] their Reminder once it comes to them? Know that there is no deity except God [Alone], and beg forgiveness for your offence, as well as for believing men and believing women. God knows how you (all) bustle about on your business and where you settle down.
20. Those who believe say: "If a chapter were only sent down!"; yet whenever some decisive chapter is sent down and fighting is mentioned in it, you will see the ones whose hearts contain malice looking at you as if they were going to faint from [fear of] death. It would be more fitting for them to [offer their] obedience and use decent speech; when some matter is resolved, it would be better for them if they acted sincerely towards God.
22. Would you by any chance, if you assumed power, cause havoc on earth and fight with your own flesh and blood? Those are the ones whom God has cursed; He has made them deaf and blinded their eyesight. Will they not meditate on the Qur'an, or do they have locks on their hearts? Satan has seduced the ones who turned their backs after guidance had been explained to them, and he is dictating to them. That is because they tell the ones who hate what God has sent down: "We will obey you (only) in part of what you order." Yet God knows their secrets!
27. How will it be when the angels gather them up, beating them on their faces and their backs? That is because they have followed something that exasperates God and they hate to please Him, so He lets their actions miscarry.
29. Or do those whose hearts contain malice reckon that God will never expose their grudges? If We so wished, We would point them out to you so you might recognize them by their features. You will still recognize them by their tone in speaking, while God knows your own actions. We will test you till We know those who strive among you as well as those who are patient. We will test your reactions.
32. The ones who disbelieve and obstruct God's way, and oppose the Messenger even after guidance has been explained to them, will never injure God in any way while He will let their actions founder. You who believe, obey God and obey the Messenger and do not leave your actions useless. God will never pardon those who disbelieve and obstruct God's way, then die while they are disbelievers.
35. So do not waver, and appeal for peace while you hold the upper hand. God is with you and will never let you be cheated in you actions. Worldly life is only a game and an amusement, If you believe and do your duty, your wages will be given you while your wealth will not be requested of you. If He should ask you for it, and even dun you, you would act miserably and your grudges would become apparent. Here you are, those who are called upon to spend in God's way, even though some of you are miserly!
Anyone who acts niggardly
is miserly only so far as his own soul
is concerned. God is Transcendent
while you are poor. If you should turn away
[from the call of duty and belief],
He will replace you with some other folk
who then will not be like you at all!